IndOASIS – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the rights and obligations of you, the Customer, and us, Indian Bank, in connection with your use of IndOASIS and all related services. By selecting the options of Mobile Banking and UPI, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. All the terms and conditions of this agreement are legally binding, so please read them carefully before you agree to be bound by them:
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context indicates otherwise, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings indicated against them:
- ‘IndOASIS’ refers to the mobile banking application hosted in Google Play Store and IOS App store, offered by Indian Bank which is downloaded on to the Mobile Phone / tablet / any other compatible device of the Customer.
- ‘User’ or ‘Customer’ refers to the person who may or may not be a holder of a bank account with Indian Bank and uses the IndOASIS App and related services with or without logging in, and shall, where the context requires, include any authorized representative of the Customer, accepted by the Bank.
- ‘Bank’ refers to Indian Bank, a body Corporate constituted under the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertaking) Act, 1970 having its Corporate Office at No.254-260, Avvai Shanmugham Salai, Royapettah, Chennai 600 014 (which expression shall, unless it is repugnant to the subject or context thereof, includes its successors and assigns).
- ‘Facility’ refers to the digital services provided by Indian Bank on its digital platform through mobile application, IndOASIS and all integrated SDKs / APIs / links to access account information, products and other services (including Transaction of financial and non-financial in nature) as may be provided by Indian Bank from time to time in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- ‘Confidential Information’ refers to the information obtained by the Customer from/through Indian Bank for availing various services through IndOASIS.
- ‘User ID’ refers to the login ID that a Customer sets for themselves to access the online services through IndOASIS or internet banking. It can be Customer Identification Field (CIF) or any user name set by the Customer.
- ‘MPIN’ refers to the 4-digit PIN set by the Customer used for logging in to the IndOASIS mobile Banking application.
- ‘MTPIN’ refers to the 4-digit PIN set by the Customer used for authorizing transactions in IndOASIS mobile Banking application.
- ‘UPI PIN’ refers to the 4-digit PIN set by the Customer for Indian Bank account through IndOASIS and third party service providers or 4-digit / 6-digit PIN set by the Customer for other Bank accounts through IndOASIS used for authorizing UPI transactions.
- ‘One Time Password (OTP)’ refers to 6-digit (or such other higher digits as may be approved by the Bank) pass code that would be sent to a Customer’s mobile number registered on the Bank’s record.
- ‘Account’ refers to the User’s Savings Bank Account and/or Current Account and/or Fixed Deposit Account or any other type of account so designated by Indian Bank to be eligible account(s) for the operations through IndOASIS including any Demat account opened with NSDL or CDSL.
- ‘Loan Account’ means any loan availed from Indian Bank applied through IndOASIS or through other modes offered by Indian Bank.
- ‘Mobile Banking transaction’ means banking transactions undertaken using mobile phone by Customers that involve accessing / credit / debit to their accounts through IndOASIS.
- ‘Mobile Phone Number’ shall mean the number specified by the Customer on the Website, through the call centre or in writing either through any Form provided by Indian Bank or otherwise for the purpose of availing the Facility, and recorded in Bank’s database.
- ‘Mobile Phone’ shall mean the device (Mobile / Tablet / Any other device) to which the Customer has downloaded and/or registered for IndOASIS mobile banking application.
- ‘Website’ refers to www.indianbank.in or any other website as may be notified by Indian Bank from time to time.
2. APPLICABILITY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and conditions (or ‘Terms’) mentioned herein form the contract between the Customer and the Bank. By downloading IndOASIS to his/her mobile phone and accessing the Digital Banking services, the Customer acknowledges and accepts these Terms and conditions.
The Terms mentioned herein shall include any subsequent modifications or changes to it duly made by Indian Bank and published in the site or Bank’s website www.indianbank.in.
These terms and conditions shall be in addition to and not in derogation of other terms and conditions relating to any account of the Customer and/or the respective product or the service provided by Indian Bank unless otherwise specifically stated.
The Customer shall register to IndOASIS by use of Internet Banking or Debit Card or any other method as provided by Indian Bank including application through forms as prescribed by Indian Bank from time to time for use of the Facility.
Though the Digital Banking Facility is very convenient, Indian Bank uses advanced technological/security features in IndOASIS, and assumes the technological knowledge and discipline required for operating such accounts. Because of the inherent risks involved in case of failure to comply the confidentiality and other obligations of the Customers, all users are advised to familiarize themselves with the correct and proper use of the Facility and the terms and conditions mentioned herein, before opting or using the Facility.
4. BUSINESS RULES GOVERNING INDOASIS
- This Facility will be available to Personal CIF of Individuals having Savings or Current Account with mode of operation ‘OWN’ / ‘Either or Survivor’ / ‘Former or Survivor’ and Non-personal CIF of type ‘Proprietor’. Each service in the Facility shall be bound by the account restrictions pertaining to the concerned service.
- The Facility will be available to Customers having a satisfactorily running Savings/ Current account/Over Draft/Loan account with Indian Bank.
- The per-transaction upper ceiling per customer is revised periodically as per the prevailing Bank’s policy. The current limit structure can be seen in FAQ section of the application.
- Entering the wrong MPIN thrice will block the IndOASIS Facility and shall be reactivated by re-setting the PIN using ‘Forgot Password’ option. In case of emergency, the MPIN/MTPIN can be set afresh using the ‘Forgot Password’ link available in login page of IndOASIS. The Customer will have to use his active Internet Banking Credentials / active Debit Card to set new MPIN/MTPIN.
- Entering UPI PIN thrice will block UPI facility in the customer’s Indian Bank account using IndOASIS or any third party service provider.
- UPI PINs and transaction limits of other Bank accounts linked to IndOASIS shall be governed by rules of Indian Bank, NPCI and the concerned Bank where the account is maintained.
- Indian Bank reserves the right to reject a Customer’s application for IndOASIS without citing any reasons.
- Indian Bank has the discretion to deactivate a Customer’s User ID, if the same has not been used for a period defined by the Bank. Also Indian Bank has the right to deactivate the Facility of Customer due to unsatisfactory behavior in the account.
- If a customer has not logged into IndOASIS for 180 days, they will be asked to re-authenticate themselves for security reasons. This will trigger the device-mobile number binding procedure again through sending of SMS from the customer’s device.
- The Customer can request for termination of the Facility by visiting branch. The Customer shall remain accountable for all the transactions on the designated account made prior to confirmation of any such cancellation request.
- It shall be the Bank’s endeavor to give a reasonable notice for withdrawal or termination of the Facility, but Indian Bank may at its discretion withdraw temporarily or terminate the Facility, either wholly or partially, anytime without giving prior notice to the Customer.
- The Facility may be suspended due to maintenance or repair work or any breakdown in the Hardware/ Software, any emergency or for security reasons without prior notice and Indian Bank shall not be responsible for any loss/damage to the Customer.
- The services offered under the Facility will be automatically terminated if the primary account linked for the Mobile Banking Facility is closed. Indian Bank may also terminate or suspend the services under the Facility without prior notice if the Customer has violated the terms and conditions laid down by Indian Bank or on the death of the Customer when brought to the notice of the Bank.
- In case of accounts opened as ‘Anyone or Survivor’ or ‘Joint’, facility of fund transfer in IndOASIS shall not be provided. The Digital Banking Services will be available in case of Joint accounts only if the mode of operation is indicated as ‘Either or Survivor’ or ‘Former or Survivor’. Registration will be allowed for the card holder of the account. However, fund transfer will not be provided for any account which is operated as ‘Own and Jointly’.
- In case of accounts opened for and on behalf of minors, Facility of IndOASIS shall not be provided.
- Any change in the business rules of any of the processes will be notified on Bank’s website www.indianbank.in, which will be construed as sufficient notice to the customer.
5. USAGE OF THE FACILITY
By registering for the Facility on the mobile phone, the Customer:
- Agrees to use IndOASIS for financial and non-financial transactions and other services in the Facility, with or without login, offered by Indian Bank from time to time and irrevocably authorizes Indian Bank to debit the Account(s) which have been enabled for IndOASIS for all transactions / services undertaken using MPIN/MTPIN/UPI PIN.
- Authorizes Indian Bank to map the account number, CIF and mobile phone number for the smooth operation of IndOASIS offered by Indian Bank and to preserve the mapping record in its own server or server of any third party and to use such data at its discretion for providing/enhancing further banking/ technology products that it may offer.
- Agrees that he / she is aware and accepts that the Facility offered by Indian Bank will enable him / her to transact using MPIN/MTPIN/UPI PIN within the limit prescribed by Indian Bank and the transaction being bona fide will not be disputed.
- Agrees that transactions originated using the mobile phone are non-retractable as these are instantaneous / real time.
- Understands and explicitly agrees that Indian Bank has the absolute and unfettered right to revise the prescribed ceilings from time to time which will be binding upon him/her.
- Agrees to use the Facility on a mobile phone properly and validly registered in his / her name only with the Mobile Service Provider and undertakes to use the Facility only through mobile number which has been given to register for the Facility.
Agrees that while the Information Technology Act, 2000 prescribes that a subscriber may authenticate an electronic record by affixing his digital signature which has been given legal recognition under the Act, Indian Bank is authenticating the Customer by his mobile phone number, MPIN/MTPIN provided by the Customer or any other method decided at the discretion of Indian Bank which may not be recognized under the IT Act, 2000 for authentication of electronic records and this is acceptable and binding to the Customer and hence the Customer is solely responsible for maintenance of the secrecy and confidentiality of the MPIN/MTPIN/Other confidential information without any liability to the Bank.
6. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Customer shall be required to acquaint himself/herself with the process for using the Facility and that he/she shall be responsible for any error made while using the Facility.
- Bank reserves the right to decide what services may be offered. Additions/ deletions to the services offered under the Facility are at its sole discretion.
- The instructions of the Customer shall be effected only after authentication under his/her User ID and MPIN/MTPIN or through any other mode of verification as may be stipulated at the discretion of the Bank.
- While it shall be the endeavor of Indian Bank to carry out the instructions received from the Customers promptly, it shall not be responsible for the delay / failure in carrying out the instructions due to any reasons whatsoever including failure of operational system or due to any requirement of Law.
- The Customer expressly authorizes Indian Bank to access his/her account information required for offering the services under the Facility and also to share the information regarding his/ her accounts with the service provider/ third party as may be required to provide the services under the Facility.
- The transactional details will be recorded by Indian Bank and these records will be regarded as conclusive proof of the authenticity and accuracy of transactions.
- Customer hereby authorizes Indian Bank or its agents to send promotional messages including the products of the Bank, greetings or any other messages Indian Bank may consider from time to time.
- Customer understands that Indian Bank may send rejection or cannot process the request messages for the service request(s) sent by the Customer which could not be executed for any reason.
- Bank shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Customer information is kept confidential but shall not be responsible for any inadvertent divulgence or leakage of Customer information for reasons beyond its control or by action of any third party.
- Customer expressly authorizes Indian Bank to carry out all requests/ transactions purporting to have been received from his/ her mobile phone and authenticated with his/ her MPIN/MTPIN. In the case of funds transfer facilities the Customer shall be deemed to have expressly authorized Indian Bank to make the payment when a request is received from his/ her mobile phone.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to advise Indian Bank of any change in his mobile number or loss/ theft of mobile phone by adopting the procedure laid down by Indian Bank for the purpose.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to disclose his non residency status to the branch in case there is change in residency status (not in India) of the Customer.
- Telecom Service provider of the Customer may levy charges for each SMS / Data connectivity / GPRS and Indian Bank is not liable for any dispute that may arise between telecom service provider and the Customer.
- For Bill payments done through Bill Payment/Registered Bill Payment/ Scan to Pay etc., make the payment at least 5 working days prior to the due date to avoid late payment charges.
- In case of Disputes, the Customer has to register all the complaints related to Financial/Non-Financial services in “Raise/Track Complaints” option provided in IndOASIS or by visiting Bank’s website. This will ensure tracking of Customer’s complaint centrally and its resolution within the TAT (Turnaround Time).
- In the event of future accounts opened by the Customer under the same CIF, then the terms and conditions shall automatically apply to such further use of IndOASIS by the Customer.
7. FEE STRUCTURE
At present, Bank does not charge any fee for offering facilities through IndOASIS. Bank reserves the right to charge the Customer fee for the use of the services provided under the Facility and change the fee structure at its discretion. Display of such charges on Bank’s website would serve as sufficient notice and the same is binding on the Customer. The Customer shall be required to refer to the schedule of fees put up on the Website from time to time.
The Customer shall be liable for payment of airtime, data charges or other charges which may be levied by any cellular / Broadband / Internet service provider in connection with availing of the Facility and Indian Bank is in no way concerned with the same. The charges payable by the Customer is exclusive of the amount payable to any cellular / Broadband / Internet service provider and would be debited from the account of the Customer on a monthly basis.
8. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Customer to provide correct information to Indian Bank through the use of the Facility or any other method. In case of any discrepancy in information, the Customer understands that Indian Bank will not be in any way responsible for action taken based on the information. Indian Bank will endeavor to correct the error promptly wherever possible on a best effort basis, if the Customer reports such error in information.
Customer understands that Indian Bank will try, to the best of its ability and effort, to provide accurate information and shall not hold Indian Bank responsible for any errors or omissions that may occur due to reasons beyond the control of the Bank.
Customer accepts that Indian Bank shall not be responsible for any errors which may occur in spite of the steps taken by Indian Bank to ensure the accuracy of the information and shall not have any claim against Indian Bank in the event of any loss/damage suffered as a consequence of an inaccurate information provided by the Bank.
9. RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE CUSTOMER
- The Customer will be responsible for all transactions, including fraudulent/erroneous transactions made through the use of his/her mobile phone, SIM card, User ID and MPIN/MTPIN, regardless of whether such transactions are in fact entered into or authorized by him/ her. The Customer will be responsible for the loss/damage, if any suffered.
- The Customer shall take all steps possible to ensure that his/her mobile phone is not shared with anyone and shall take immediate action to de-register from IndOASIS as per procedure laid down in case of misuse/ theft/loss of the mobile phone or SIM card.
- The Customer will use offered Facility using the MPIN/MTPIN in accordance with the procedure as laid down by Indian Bank from time to time.
- The Customer shall keep the User ID and MPIN/MTPIN/UPI PIN and any other passwords/PINs related to his/her Bank Account and/or IndOASIS confidential and will not disclose these to any other person or will not record them in a way that would compromise the security of the Facility.
- It will be the responsibility of the Customer to notify Indian Bank immediately if he/ she suspects the misuse of the MPIN/MTPIN. He/she will also immediately initiate the necessary steps to change his MPIN/MTPIN.
- The Customer accepts that any valid transaction originating from the User ID and / or registered mobile phone number shall be assumed to have been initiated by the Customer and any transaction authorized by the MPIN/MTPIN is duly and legally authorized by the Customer.
- The Customer shall keep himself/herself updated with regard to any information/ modification relating to the services offered under the Facility which would be publicized on the websites and at the branches and would be responsible for the same.
- The Customer shall be liable for all loss on breach of the Terms and Conditions contained herein or contributed or caused the loss by negligent actions or a failure to advise Indian Bank within a reasonable time about any unauthorized access in the account
- The Customer shall be liable and responsible for all legal compliance and adherence of all commercial terms and conditions in respect of the mobile connection/SIM card/mobile phone through which the Facility is availed and Indian Bank does not accept/ acknowledge any responsibility in this regard.
- Bank shall not accept any Stop Payment instructions, once the transaction amount and the beneficiary account are keyed in and authorized by the Customer.
- The Customer is advised to be prudent in downloading content through Bluetooth / Wi-Fi / Mobile Data Connection / Other methods to his/her mobile phone and ensure that proper anti-virus software is used from time to time to remove malware residing in the hand-set.
The Bank, when acting in good faith, shall be absolved of any liability in case:
- The Bank, at its sole discretion, utilizes the services of external service provider/s or agent/s and on such terms as required or necessary, in relation to its products/services
- Indian Bank is unable to receive or execute any of the requests from the Customer or there is loss of information during processing or transmission or any unauthorized access by any other person or breach of confidentiality due to reasons beyond the control of the Bank
- There is any kind of loss, direct or indirect, incurred by the Customer or any other person due to any failure or lapse in the Facility, which are beyond the control of the Bank.
- There is any failure or delay in transmitting of information or there is any error or inaccuracy of information or any other consequence arising from any cause beyond the control of Indian Bank which may include technology failure, mechanical breakdown, power disruption, etc.
- There is any lapse or failure on the part of the service providers or any third party affecting the said Facility and that Indian Bank makes no warranty as to the quality of the service provided by any such service provider. Indian Bank, its employees, agent or contractors, shall not be liable for and in respect of any loss or damage whether direct, indirect or consequential, including but not limited to loss of revenue, profit, business, contracts, anticipated savings or goodwill, loss of use or value of any equipment including software, whether foreseeable or not, suffered by the Customer or any person howsoever arising from or relating to any delay, interruption, suspension, resolution or error of Indian Bank in receiving and processing the request and in formulating and returning responses or any failure, delay, interruption, suspension, restriction, or error in transmission of any information or message to and from the telecommunication equipment of the Customer and the network of any service provider and Indian Bank’s system or any breakdown, interruption, suspension or failure of the telecommunication equipment of the Customer, Indian Bank’s system or the network of any service provider and/or any third party who provides such services as is necessary to provide the Facility.
- Indian Bank will not be responsible if Indian Bank’s mobile banking application is not compatible with/ does not work on the mobile phone of the Customer.
11. FUND TRANSFERS, SCHEDULES, STANDING INSTRUCTIONS AND SMS ALERTS
- The Customer accepts that (s)he will be responsible for keying in the correct details which are required to make fund transfers through the above-mentioned Facility; such details being specified by Indian Bank from time to time. In no case will Indian Bank be held liable for any erroneous transactions arising out of or relating to the customer keying in erroneous details required to make fund transfers through the above-mentioned Facility, Indian Bank shall specify from time to time the upper limit that may be transferred by the Payer for the above-mentioned Facility through indianbank.in.
- If the above-mentioned Facility is made available to the customer, it may be used for transfer of funds from Account to other accounts belonging to third parties maintained at Indian Bank and/or at any other Bank which falls under the network of Reserve Bank of India’s Electronic Fund Transfer or National Electronic Fund Transfer system or Real Time Gross Settlement.
- The liability of Indian Bank shall only commence subsequent to the debit in the Payer’s account.
- The Customer can set ‘Standing Instructions’ or ‘Schedule Payments’ as on a required date i.e. the date on which the Customer’s account shall get debited in the functionality where it is available. If the Customer wishes to modify / cancel this ‘Standing Instruction / Scheduled Payments’, the same should be done at least one day prior to the schedule date. Customers are advised to keep track of all such ‘Standing Instructions’ or ‘Scheduled Payments’ and Indian Bank shall not be responsible for not effecting any such transactions for whatsoever reasons.
- Indian Bank will not acknowledge receipt of any instructions or schedules nor shall Indian Bank be responsible to verify any Instructions or schedules or the Customer’s MPIN/MTPIN or password or Mobile Phone Number. Indian Bank will endeavor to give effect to Instructions and Schedules on a best effort basis and as soon as practically possible for Indian Bank.
- Indian Bank may, in its discretion, not give effect to any Schedules / instructions if Indian Bank has reason to believe (which decision of Indian Bank shall be binding on the Customer) that the Schedules / instructions are not genuine or otherwise improper or unclear or raise a doubt or in case any Schedules / instructions cannot be put into effect for any reasons whatsoever.
- The Customer is responsible for intimating to Indian Bank any change in his Mobile Phone Number or email address or Account details and Indian Bank will not be liable for sending Alerts or other information over to the Customer’s mobile phone number/email address /fax number recorded with Indian Bank.
- The Customer acknowledges that to receive Alerts, his mobile phone number must be active and accessible. The Customer acknowledges that if the Customer’s mobile phone number remains inaccessible for a continuous period (such period dependent upon service providers) from the time an Alert message is sent by Indian Bank, that particular message may not be received by the Customer.
- Schedules / instructions will be processed by Indian Bank after receipt and Indian Bank shall have the discretion to determine the time taken to process such request. The Customer acknowledges that there shall be an intervening period between receipt of Schedules / instructions by Indian Bank, process of the Schedules / instructions and the time that the Alerts are sent.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Facilities provided is dependent on the infrastructure, connectivity and services provided by service providers engaged by Indian Bank. The Customer accepts that timelines, accuracy and readability of Alerts sent by Indian Bank will depend on factors affecting other service providers engaged by Indian Bank. Indian Bank shall not be liable for non-delivery or delayed delivery of Alerts, error, loss or distortion in transmission of Alerts to the Customer.
- Indian Bank shall endeavor to provide the Facility on a best effort basis and the Customer shall not hold Indian Bank liable for non-availability of the Facility or non-performance by service providers, if any, engaged by Indian Bank or any loss or damage caused to the Customer as a result of use of the Facility (including relying on the Alerts for the Customer’s commercial, investment or business purposes) for causes which are not attributable to Indian Bank. Indian Bank shall not be liable in any manner to the Customer in connection with the use of the Facility.
- The Customer accepts that each Alert may contain certain Account information relating to the Customer. The Customer authorizes Indian Bank to send Account related information, though not specifically requested, if Indian Bank deems that the same is relevant. Indian Bank shall not be held responsible for the confidentiality, secrecy and security of the Personal or Account information being sent through the Facility.
12. WEALTH MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Terms and Conditions of Indian Bank, Fisdom (https://www.fisdom.com/terms/) and third parties will apply. Indian Bank is not responsible for third party products.
- Mutual Fund investments are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully.
- The use of this information is subject to the terms and conditions governing such products and services as referred herein above and the users shall be deemed to have read, understood and consented to these terms and conditions. Nothing contained herein shall constitute or be deemed to constitute an advice, an offer, invitation or solicitation to sell/purchase any securities of any entity and is not intended to create any rights or obligations. Nothing in this application/ document is intended to constitute legal, tax, securities or investment advice, or opinion regarding the appropriateness of any investment, or a solicitation for any product or service. The tax related information provided herein is merely for a general understanding and reference. The user needs to verify all the facts, law and contents with the text of the prevailing statutes and seek appropriate professional advice before acting on the basis of any information contained herein as the taxation implications may vary depending upon the facts in each case/interpretation by tax authorities. Please note that the tax laws are subject to change from time to time. Indian Bank expressly disclaims any liability to any person, in respect of anything done or omitted to be done by any such person by placing reliance upon the contents of this write-up. The use of any information set out in this document is entirely at the recipient’s own risk. Indian Bank does not accept any responsibility for any errors whether caused by negligence or otherwise or for any loss or damage incurred by anyone in reliance on anything set out in this document. The information set out herein may be subject to updates, completion, revision, verification and amendment and such information may change materially.
- Indian Bank will not be liable or responsible for any loss or shortfall resulting from the operations of the Mutual Funds. Indian Bank is acting merely as a distributor/corporate agent/point of service of third parties, affiliates and group companies. Any investment in such third party products/services shall constitute a contract between the investor and the third party. Indian Bank shall not be liable or responsible for any loss resulting from third party’s products. The contract with regards to the Mutual Fund is between the asset management company and the investor, and not between Indian Bank and the investor. Participation by Indian Bank’s customers is on a purely voluntary basis and there is no direct or indirect linkage between the provision of the banking services offered by Indian Bank to its customers and their usage of the product or participation in the scheme. For more details on coverage, terms and conditions, please read the policy / offer document carefully before buying/ investing in a product.
13. PROPRIETARY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The copyright, trademarks, logos, slogans and service marks displayed on IndOASIS are registered and unregistered intellectual property rights of Indian Bank or of respective intellectual property right owners.
Nothing contained in IndOASIS should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any intellectual property displayed on the website(s) without the written permission of Indian Bank or such third party that may own the intellectual property displayed on the website(s).
Bank grants the right to access the App / website(s) to the Customer and use the Digital Banking Services in accordance with the terms conditions mentioned herein. The Customer acknowledges that the Services including, but not limited to, text, content, photographs, video, audio and/or graphics, are either the property of, or used with permission by Indian Bank and/or by the content providers and may be protected by applicable copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and/or other proprietary rights and laws of India and other countries, and the applicable Terms and Conditions.
The Customer should assume that everything he/she views or reads on the IndOASIS (collectively referred to as “content”) is copyrighted/ protected by intellectual property laws unless otherwise provided and may not be used, except as provided in these terms and conditions, without the prior written permission of Bank or the relevant copyright owner.
Any breach of the restrictions on use provided in these terms is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Indian Bank shall be entitled to obtain equitable relief (including all damage, direct, indirect, consequential and exemplary) over and above all other remedies available to it, to protect its interests therein.
14. THIRD PARTY LINKS
IndOASIS may provide hyperlinks to websites not controlled by Indian Bank and such hyperlinks do not imply any endorsement, agreement or support of the content, products and / or services of such websites. Indian Bank doesn’t editorially control the content, products and /or services on such websites and shall not be liable, in any nature whatsoever, for the access to, or the inability to access to, or the use, inability to use or content available on or through such websites.
In consideration of Indian Bank providing these facilities, the Customer agrees to indemnify and hold Indian Bank harmless against all actions, claims, demands proceedings, loss, damages, costs, charges and expenses which Indian Bank may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of or in connection with any services provided to the Customer pursuant hereto. The Customer shall indemnify Indian Bank for unauthorized access by any third party to any information/instructions/triggers given by the Customer or breach of confidentiality.
16. FORCE MAJEURE
Indian Bank shall not be liable for delay in performing or failure to perform any of its obligations under these Terms and conditions which is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, the failure, malfunction or unavailability of telecommunications, data communications and computer systems and services, natural calamities, war, civil unrest, government action, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action or trade disputes (whether involving the Bank’s employees or those of a third party). Any delay or failure of this kind will not be deemed to be a breach of the Terms and Conditions and the time for performance of the affected obligation will be extended by a period which is reasonable in the circumstances.
17. APPLICABLE LAW
Any dispute or differences arising out of or in connection with the Facility shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Chennai.
Indian Bank accepts no liability whatsoever, direct or indirect for non-compliance with the Laws of any country other than that of India. The mere fact that the Facility can be accessed by a Customer in a country other than India does not imply that the laws of the said country govern these terms and conditions and / or the operations in the accounts of the Customer and / or the use of the Facility.
( Last modified on Jul 16, 2022 at 11:07:27 AM )