- Accounts can be opened jointly with other Non-Resident Indians.
- Deposits can be made by remittances from abroad or by transfer of funds from existing NRE accounts of the customer.
- Joint accounts with resident Indians who are close relatives (as defined in Section 6 of Companies Act, 1956) of the NRI are permitted only on
- Former (NRI) or Survivor (resident)
- Deposits can be opened in any one of the foreign currencies viz., Pound Sterling, US Dollar, EURO, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, JPY, CHF, DKK and SEK.
- Deposit accounts cannot be opened/closed by a power of attorney holder.
- Japanese Yen,
- CHF Swiss Franc,
- DKK Danish Krone,
- SEK Swedish Krona