A premier Public Sector, Government of India Undertaking
- Established on 15th August 1907 as part of the Swadeshi movement
- Serving the nation with a team of over 19575 dedicated staff as on 30.06.2018
- Total Business touched Rs.3,74,550 Crore as on 30.06.2018
- Operating Profit : Rs.1297.56 Crore for the quarter ended 30.06.2018
- Net Profit : Rs.209.31 Crore for the quarter ended 30.06.2018
- Core Banking Solution(CBS) in all 2819 domestic branches as on 30.06.2018
- Information Systems & Security processes certified with ISO27001:2013 standard and is amongst very few Banks certified worldwide.
- Overseas branches in Singapore , Colombo including a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna
- 227 Overseas Correspondent banks in 75 countries
Diversified Banking Activities -2 Subsidiary Companies
- Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd
- Ind Bank Housing Ltd
A front runner in specialised banking
- 99 Forex Authorised branches inclusive of a Specialised Overseas Branch at Chennai exclusively for handling forex transactions arising out of Export, Import, Remittances and Non Resident Indian business
- 76 Special SME Branches extending finance exclusively to SSI units
- MoU entered with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) to focus on MSME Segment .
Leadership in Rural Development
- Under Financial Inclusion Plan, Bank has been allotted 2975 Sub Service Areas (SSAs) under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). All the 2975 SSAs are provided with banking services by the Bank. Of these, 2517 SSAs are provided with banking services through Bank Mitrs (Business Correspondents) and 458 SSAs through Brick and Mortar branches already functioning in the SSAs.
- Pioneer in introducing Self Help Groups and Financial Inclusion Project in the country
- NABARD awarded Bank for being one among the two PSBs which has credit linked the largest number of SHGs during the 36th Foundation day celebration of NABARD at New Delhi on 11.07.2017
- National Award for Best Performance in SHG Bank Linkages 2017 – 18 Public Sector Banks (Small Category) from Deendayal Antodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY – NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India
- Best Performer Award for Micro Finance activities in Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Union Territory of Puduchery from NABARD
- Makers of Excellence Leadership Award from PFRDA to MD & CEO for exemplary performance under APY during 2017-18
- Transformative Leader – Award to Executive Director from PFRDA during the National APY Conference held on 13th October 2017, at New Delhi
- NABARD Award for Financial Literacy: Under Financial Literacy initiatives, Bank has eleven Financial Literacy Centres operating in Tamil Nadu.1924 awareness camps were conducted and 1.90 lakhs people benefitted so far under various literacy programmes on priority sector lending, other Bank deposit products, social security schemes and Digitalization
- Awarded Third Prize for the year 2014 – 15 during RSETI DIWAS at New Delhi, under “C” category Banks in recognition of the “Leadership, direction and support” given to the RSETIs (INDSETIs) by the Bank
- Established 39 specialized exclusive Microfinance branches called “Microsate” across the country to cater the needs of Urban poor through SHG (Self Help Group)/JLG (Joint Liability Group) concepts
- Harnessing ICT (Information and Communication Technology) for Rural Development and Inclusive Banking•Pioneer in introducing Self Help Groups and Financial Inclusion Project in the country
Awards and Accolades:
- Golden Peacock National Training Award (GPNTA) for the Year 2018.
- MSME Banking Excellence Awards – Best MSME Bank Winner (Emerging Category)
- MSME Banking Excellence Awards- Echo-Technology savvy Bank –Runner Up (Emerging Category)
- Financially Inclusive Bank – Winner –(Emerging Category)
- ‘Best Performing PSB’ under Atal Pension Yojana for the FY 2017-18.
- ‘NPCI Payments Excellence Award 2017’ for NACH Operations under Mid-sized Banks category
- “Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar” for the effective implementation of Official Language(Hindi) in the Bank for the year 2017-18
A pioneer in introducing the latest technology in Banking
- 100% Core Banking Solution(CBS) Branches
- Automated Teller Machines(ATM) and Bunch Note Acceptors (BNAs) – 3398 as on 30.06.2018
- 24 x 7 Service through more than 2,36,835 ATMs under shared network
- Internet and Tele Banking services to all Core Banking customers
- e-payment facility for Corporate customers
- Cash Management Services
- Depository Services
- Reuter Screen, Telerate, Reuter Monitors, Dealing System provided at Treasury Branch, Mumbai
- I B Credit Card Launched
- I B Prepaid Cards Launched (GIFT Card, International Travel Card)
- Aadhar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) through Business Correspondents.
- Rupay Debit card payments enabled through Business Correspondents.
- Customised design image card and Green pin for debit cards.
- Green pin for debit cards and introduction of Rupay platinum card.
- Launching of new products like statement of account through e-mail and M-Passbook facility to view the latest 50 transactions.
- Strategic tie-up entered into with LIC of India for sale of Life Insurance Products and with United India Insurance Company Ltd., for sale of Non-Life Insurance Products . Click for details.
- Strategic tie-up entered into for Group Credit Life coverage – M/s Kotak Life Insurance Company for home loan insurance and M/s PNB Metlife insurance for education loan borrowers
Bank has entered into following Distribution Tie up with
- UTI AMC: UTI Mutual Fund Products
- Reliance Capital AMC: Reliance MF Products
- SBI Funds Management Private Ltd.,
- DSP Black Rock Mutual Fund Products
- TATA Mutual Fund Products
( Last modified on Feb 14, 2019 at 06:02:04 PM )